Re-opening of village halls .
2nd. October 2020
We considered a number of factors, primarily:
1. that the daily infection rate was increasing.
2. that with the approach of winter the infection rate was likely to increase further (in common with other strains of coronavirus)
3. that the control measures already in place restricted the types of function and number of attendees that could take place in the hall.
4. that already there were local lockdowns in place, although these tended to be well to the north of Suffolk.
5. the probability that stricter control measures would be imposed and the likelihood of another national lockdown.
14th. July 2020
Following discussion the management committee consider that it would not be viable to re-open the village hall in the immediate future.
We will review the situation at the beginning of November 2020. The hall will therefore remain closed until at least 1st. November 2020.
We will, of course, open the hall as soon as it is practical to do so however consider that at present it would jeopardise the health of users and committee members.
18th. June 2020
We are advised that village halls will be allowed to re-open for general use (subject to certain restrictions) from 6th. July. Large gatherings will not be permitted. We are currently assessing the impact of the regulations and will post updates as soon as we are able.
community Action Suffolk have issued the following notice regarding re-opening of village halls for general use.
We will post further news once it is issued.
Village Halls Update
At present the current date for re-opening of village halls for general use is scheduled for 4th July.
We are working with ACRE to develop a guidance for halls to follow in opening in a safe manner. Once the information is complete we will publicise via our networks.